Skip to main content

A Prayer for the Hunting

I wrote this in my notes after studying John 11. Go read it. It became the prayer of my heart. I decided to share it with you, in the hopes that even one broken heart will find it, and in turn find wholeness in Jesus.
This is meant to be a template of sorts, a little glimpsing into my heart's striving for more of Christ in my pain and questioning.
I hope that if today you just can't seem to find the words to carry the weight of your pain to Jesus, this can help in your journey to Him.
Jesus,
I call out to You, sure of Your love, sure of Your grace.
Your love is so set on me, I will not be moved.
Though the ground may shake, even fall beneath me, I will not be moved, because You are my rock, and You are unchanging.
You are good when life isn't, pure when others aren't, and steadfast when my heart wavers.
Your ways and thoughts are higher, so much higher, than my limited perspective and vision.
And so I call out to You, sure of Your love.
This brokenness is not ultimate in my life. It will not claim me. It will not overcome me. It will not enslave me.
Your hand of sovereignty will limit how far this burden will reach, but will allow me to come to the end of myself, that I would see You alone are God. King. Savior.
So worthy and good and faithful and true.
And so I call out to You, sure of Your love.
I trust that I can pour my heart out before you in transparency and honesty.
And honestly, this hurts. My soul is heavy with the burden of seemingly unanswered prayer. I confess I call into question Your faithfulness and promises as I see the chaos and pain around me.
Within me.
Delay in Your intercession often disrupts my faith in You; stir in me a trust that would only be led further on in the questions I carry. Those questions of why, and how. Those questions that keep me up at night. Those questions with answers You alone hold.
Lord, You say You never forsake us. Never leave us. Never turn Your eyes from us.
You promise that the moment of deliverance corresponds perfectly with Your purposes and plans.
I want peace, joy, rest, and restoration, but I don't want any of it without you. If this season of pain will bring me closer to You, will draw others to Your perfect love, then help my heart to embrace in faith this season. You make everything beautiful in its time. In the wreckage I see Your face reflecting on the shards of my brokenness.
And I will chase after You. I may not see what is before me, but I will open handedly receive what You have for me. For Your kingdom. Whatever it takes.
Jesus, make me want You more than I want to understand.
Because You are the resurrection and the life. You breathe life into the deadness of my heart. You resurrect what has already decomposed. You weep over my pain. You take the path of death to find me. You promise that if I believe I will see the glory of God. You took the Cross, then you conquered it so that death would have no claim over me. You came to my tomb, cried out my name, and called forth life.
Make alive in me what is dead, Jesus.

Comments